Saturday, March 3, 2007

My Van Gogh

Alright, so it's March...

The FineLine Artists group http://www.finelineartists.com/ do a project each month where they study a particular painter and then produce a piece in that style. January was John Singer Sargaent, and February was Van Gogh. I decided to play along and see if I could produce anything decent.

I'm not really a painter - I like the slapping on of paint, but I don't consider I have any talent in this area. I would like to develop some :) But we'll take it as it comes. Without further ado: my Macro Hibiscus in the style of Van Gogh!




So. There it is :) Looks slightly phallic to me, but then again it is a close up of the flower's sex so that's probably a good thing! I do like it, and I have to admit it was FUN to paint!











No comments: